Are you a University of Maryland student who leads by example and makes positive contributions to society? Do you have a deep commitment to and a sustained investment in community, colleagues, teammates, family and friends?
If so, the Ed Snider Center for Enterprise and Markets at the Robert H. Smith School of Business wants to reward you for the work you do on campus and in your community.
The 2020 Ed Snider Center Leadership Award will honor twelve students (four in each of the following categories):
- INNOVATION – for students who have helped an organization meet its goals for growth and change, and who have demonstrated an optimistic vision for the future.
- ENTERPRISE – for students who champion goal-oriented collaboration and create positive outcomes for all the members of a team.
- RESILIENCE – for students who embody integrity and a growth mindset.
An awards committee will review all applications and select four finalists for each of the above categories. Each category will have one winner who will receive $1,200 USD. The remaining three finalists in each category will receive $300 USD each. In addition, all finalists along with family and friends will be honored at a banquet during the Spring 2020 semester
All full-time students enrolled in any major at the University of Maryland with a minimum GPA of 3.0 are eligible to apply.
Applications will be available beginning November 1, 2019.
To apply, please fill out the application form and be prepared to include the following:
- Unofficial transcript.
- An essay: Explain how your achievements relate to one of the leadership award categories — innovation/enterprise/resilience. Please provide specific examples. 500 words or less.
- One letter of recommendation from someone who can speak to your leadership in the award category to which you are applying.
- A current version of your resume.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Tuesday, March 31, 2020
For deadline reminders and more info, join our mailing list.
QUESTIONS? Please email the Ed Snider Center for Enterprise & Markets at the Robert H. Smith School of Business at firstname.lastname@example.org.