Are you a University of Maryland student who leads by example and makes positive contributions to society? Do you have a deep commitment to and a sustained investment in community, colleagues, teammates, family and friends?
If so, the Ed Snider Center for Enterprise and Markets at the Robert H. Smith School of Business wants to reward you for the work you do on campus and in your community.
The 2021 Ed Snider Center Leadership Award will honor four students who demonstrate determination and show achievement in the areas of innovation and enterprise.
We seek students who have accomplished one or more of the following:
- Helped an organization meet its goals for growth and change.
- Demonstrated an optimistic vision of the future through their work in the community.
- Championed goal-oriented collaboration and created positive outcomes for all members of a team.
- Embodied integrity and exhibited an entrepreneurial growth mindset.
An awards committee will review all applications and select four finalists. Three finalists will receive $500 each and one grand prize winner will receive $1000. In addition, all finalists will be honored at a virtual ceremony on Friday, April 30, 2021 where they can join with family and friends to hear the announcement of the grand prize winner.
All full-time students enrolled in any major at the University of Maryland with a minimum GPA of 3.0 are eligible to apply.
To apply, please fill out the application form and be prepared to include the following:
- Unofficial transcript.
- An essay: Explain how your achievements relate to the qualities we are looking for in the winner of the leadership award. Please provide specific examples. 500 words or less.
- One letter of recommendation from someone who can speak to your leadership/achievements.
- A current version of your resume.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Wednesday, March 31, 2021
QUESTIONS? Please email the Ed Snider Center for Enterprise & Markets at the Robert H. Smith School of Business at firstname.lastname@example.org.