The 8th Annual Emerging Markets Forum will take place on Friday, April 13, 2018, with a focus on Business Powering Africa Forward. Check out the Emerging Markets Forum page for more thorough information on the upcoming EMF as well as details about past events.
The Emerging Markets Forum (EMF) is an annual spring event of the Smith School’s Center for International Business Education and Research (CIBER) that takes place in the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, DC. The EMF is a full-day event and presents experts in international business, policy, and emerging markets and is attended by industry professionals, students, staff and faculty from various universities, and government agencies to discuss challenges and trending areas in emerging markets.
The EMF is supported by the Center for Global Business at the Robert H. Smith School of Business. The event is sponsored with funds from CIBER (the Center for International Business Education and Research), a grant provided by the U.S. Department of Education to foster international understanding and promote the ability for U.S. businesses to compete globally, and in particular, emerging markets.
Past themes of the EMF have included (click on the links to see EMF recordings):
- 2017: Emerging Markets in the New Era of Globalization
- 2016: Doing Business with India: The Promise and the Perils
- 2015: Entrepreneurship in a Global Marketplace
- 2014: Uprising of the Arab Spring
- 2013: At the Crossroads: Current Challenges and Future Prospects
- 2012: Women as Entrepreneurs, Consumers, and Agents of Change
- 2011: The Rise of New Economic Powers and America’s Future