Commit. Create. Collaborate. Connect.
The Fearless Founders program guides student ventures from idea to launch. Using lean startup methodology, you'll learn the strategy, frameworks and tools necessary to develop your business idea. This experiential program demystifies the venture creation process.
Upon successful completion of the accelerator, student startups are eligible to receive seed funding through Capital One MVP Grants.
How to Enroll for Hatch
Hatch is a for-credit course. It is cross-listed in Testudo as permission-only BMGT468R/ENES498R. The Hatch course will include regular class meetings once a week plus several advising sessions. Classes take place on Mondays from 5:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in Van Munching Hall. You will also be required to complete a final presentation.
We accept about 20 students each semester. Upon completion of the program, ten students from the Hatch stage will be eligible for up to $2,500 in seed funding.
If you are interested in applying to Hatch, please fill out this form.
Enrollment Steps for Students Wishing to Qualify for Hatch
In order to apply directly to the Hatch Cohort, you will need to demonstrate the following criteria:
- I have interviewed at least 30 potential customers and conducted initial market research.
- From this research and interviews I have validated the following:
1. My initial target customer identifies with the problem I am solving.
2. My initial target customers are interested in the solution I am developing to the problem.
3. My solution has unique value proposition compared to existing alternatives.
- You may also qualify through attending a Dingman Jumpstart session.
Terp Startup is a summer incubator that helps student entrepreneurs make the pivotal decision to continue working on their venture or decide to use their entrepreneurial skillset working at another company. At the end of the summer program, students should have: made substantial progress on their product of service; secured or increased initial customers and partners; have the ability to make the "go/no-go" decision based on metrics and market indicators. Those selected for Terp Startup will receive a cash stipend, advising and other useful resources. We accept about 10 student startups into each cohort.
Eligibility for Acceptance to Terp Startup
- Student entrepreneurs who have completed milestones from the Hatch stage by developing an MVP and acquiring initial customers.
- Students who want to spend a summer executing on customer acquisition.
- Students who have not completed Dingman Jumpstart or Hatch may apply. These students must have conducted initial customer discovery.
Focus: Build & Test
Length: 1-3 months
Learn more »
Focus: Execute & Iterate
Length: 8 weeks
Learn more »