The Fearless Founders program guides student ventures from idea to launch. Using lean startup methodology, you'll learn the strategy, frameworks and tools necessary to develop your business idea. Students who enroll in our for-credit New Venture Practicum course are called "Fearless Founders," a designation that opens exclusive access to seed funding opportunities and our strong mentor network.
New Venture Practicum
Fearless Founders “New Venture Practicum” is a for-credit course offered in the spring semester. It is cross-listed in Testudo as permission-only BMGT468R/ENES498R. The Fearless Founders course will include regular class meetings once a week plus several advising sessions. Classes take place on Mondays from 5:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m. in Van Munching Hall. You will also be required to complete a final presentation.
We accept about 20 students every spring. Upon completion of the program, students from the New Venture Practicum class will be eligible for seed funding and are strongly encouraged to apply for our Terp Startup summer accelerator.
Criteria for Students Wishing to Qualify for New Venture Practicum
In order to apply directly to the New Venture Practicum Cohort, you will need to demonstrate the following criteria:
- I have completed the New Venture Practicum interest form.
- I have attended a Dingman Jumpstart session.
- I have interviewed at least 30 potential customers and conducted initial market research. From this research and interviews I have validated the following:
1. My initial target customer identifies with the problem I am solving.
2. My initial target customers are interested in the solution I am developing to the problem.
3. My solution has unique value proposition compared to existing alternatives.