Dingman Center Angel Benefits
- Investor presentations by the region’s most promising early stage companies
- Monthly networking with a diverse group of quality investors and advisors
- Unique access to a pipeline of proprietary technologies developed at the University of Maryland
- Mentoring opportunities with Dingman Center’s student entrepreneurship initiatives
Investor meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month from September to June. The Dingman Center Angels invites up to three companies to present to Dingman Center Angels investors at our pitch events. After each event, the Center works with investors on follow-up due diligence and supports companies throughout the funding process. Meetings take place both at Van Munching Hall and at various locations in the region.
Investor Meetings 2018-2019
- September 12: Pitch Meeting
- October 10: Pitch Meeting
- November 14: Pitch Meeting
- February 13: Pitch Meeting
- March 13: Pitch Meeting
- April 10: Pitch Meeting
- June 5: Pitch Meeting and Annual Golf Outing
The following credentials are required for our investors:
- You must be an accredited investor: an individual investor as defined in rule 501(a) of Regulation D or an institutional investor
- It is recommended that you live and/or frequently visit the Mid-Atlantic region
- Have experience managing and/or building successful companies
- Have a peer network of domain expertise and contacts to support your portfolio of investments
- Are sincerely interested in making at least one angel investment per year.
Join our Network
To join our investor network, download and complete the Dingman Center Angels Investor Application. Send your completed form and membership fee, either $1,500 for individuals or $2,500 for a business entity, payable to University of Maryland, to:
Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship
c/o Holly DeArmond
2518 Van Munching Hall
College Park, MD 20742
What our investors are saying?
"I moved to Maryland in 2014 and began working as a full-time angel investor in 2015. The Dingman Center has been my "second office" ever since. I met my first angel investment through the Dingman Center Angels. DCA is indespensable to my work as a Maryland angel investor."
—Justin Label, Inner Loop Capital
"Veenome came to Dingman Center Angels with an object-recognition algorithm to make video searchable. I used a prototype of the Veenome service and loved it. I am now an investor in a company that could unlock a whole new way to monetize free video on the web. If you are an angel investor, companies like Veenome are what you want to see in your deal flow. Dingman Center Angels did a great job sourcing this deal for me."
—Jason Shrensky, serial entrepreneur