May 23 - May 31, 2015
Think Amazing Race meets venture creation. The eight-day global experience will take students from Shanghai to Beijing. Along the way, students will earn points as we visit Chinese startups, multinational corporations, venture capital firms and cultural sites like the Great Wall and the Forbidden City. The challenge will culminate with a final competition at Peking University’s Guanghua School of Management. Students compete for cash prizes alongside peers from Smith, Guanghua and other Chinese business schools, and Technion-Israel Institute of Technology.
Read about the AdVENTURE Challenge: China in BizEd magazine.
- Develop a business model that is based in China or leverages Chinese resources and present it to expert judges for feedback for a chance at prizes
- Gain exposure to and interact with local VCs and entrepreneurs through company visits and group meals
- Learn the complexities of doing a startup in China
- Work in a cross-cultural team with Chinese students
- Compete against top US and Chinese MBA students in the final competition
- Experience the Chinese culture through completing fun challenges in Hong Kong and Beijing
- Learn about Chinese history through sightseeing tours