Smith Analytics Consortium members will have the opportunity to help shape research and curriculum at the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business. Consortium members will provide consulting projects for students to tackle during their capstone courses. This document provides the benefits to Consortium members.
Inaugural consortium members include Deloitte, KPMG, Maga Design Group, Mattel, Merkle, and Unilever.
“We have a long track record of recruiting talented practitioners from the Smith School that both provide the skills we need and fit within our culture. Based on that history, we are proud to grow our relationship with the university through the Business Analytics Consortium.”
Dave Pierce, Director of Deloitte Consulting
Deloitte News Release, 2016
- Participation and branding of the Smith Analytics Annual Conference
- Engagement in an analytics demonstration on campus and/or a corporate visit with our students at your location
- Development of an experiential project with our students, where scoping will match the project with your corporate interests
- Access to two seats in an annual Executive Education Workshop in aspects of analytics
- Membership on the Smith Analytics advisory board to grow and improve the program over time (including direct input into curriculum/program development in analytics)
- Involvement in two (2) in-class activities annually involving analytics
- Founders to participate in analytics launch event — announcement within the school and networking afterwards
- Branding on all materials for the Smith Analytics Consortium as Founders of the program
- All engagement benefits
- Engage with faculty and potentially students, on a specific reserved project of shared interest between the corporation and the Smith School