The Smith School offers many online programs to help alumni achieve their personal and professional goals.
Free Online Classes
The University of Maryland is proud to partner with Coursera to provide a dynamic selection of online courses from some of Maryland's top faculty. Course topics have included Developing Innovative Ideas for New Companies: The First Step in Entrepreneurship; Exploring Quantum Physics; Surviving Disruptive Technology; and Hardware Security. Courses start at various dates throughout the year and typically run for six to eight weeks. All classes are free and you will receive a Statement of Accomplishment upon successful completion of the course. Several certificate programs are also available for a nominal fee.
The Office of Alumni Relations is pleased to offer free webinars to alumni.
Upcoming programs include:
- October 24, 2018: Financial Bootcamp for New Parents
View our past webinars:
- October 11, 2018: The Ultimate Guice to Your Alumni Network
- October 10, 2018: Money and Sense | A Common Guide for Young Professionals to Manage Debt and Achieve Financial Freedom
- September 26, 2018: How Networking Can Lead to Great Business Success
- August 29, 2018: Good Practices for LBGTQ + Workplace Inclusion
- August 15, 2018: An Overview of Global Terrorism 2017
- July 25, 2018: The Art of Presence
- June 13, 2018: Beyond CSR: Five Principles for Better Business
- May 17, 2018: Best Practices in Working with a Recruiter
- March 21, 2018: Branding: Why People Fall in Love with Things
- January 30, 2018: Leveraging Your Smith Alumni Network
- November 8, 2017: From Data to Decisions: Analytics in Today’s Business World
- October 17, 2017: From Spaghetti to Synchronicity: How to Grow Smart
- October 11, 2017: Intrapreneurship: The Missing Key to Innovation Success
- September 26, 2017: How the Internet of Things (IoT) is Transforming Industry
- September 19, 2017: Shifting Your Identity: The Key to Succeeding in Your Next Role
- September 12, 2017: Becoming a Savvy Startup Investor
- June 7, 2017: Why You Need An Estate Plan (Regardless of Your Age)
- June 6, 2017: Employee vs. Independent Contractor: What is the Difference and Why it Matters
- May 9, 2017: How to Succeed in a Future Transformed by Technology
- April 27, 2017: Burn the Whiteboard! Stop Brainstorming and Go Ask Customers These 5 Questions
- April 6, 2017: Is a Startup Part of Your Second Act?
- March 29, 2017: Small Business Marketing: Creating Customer Love
- March 16, 2017: Channel Your Inner Warrior for Success
- February 1, 2017: Declutter Your Work Life to Increase Productivity
- November 16, 2016: Getting to Like: How to Build a Future-Proof Brand
- September 28, 2016: Dr. Steven Cohen: Influence at Work: The Science of Getting What You Want