At the University of Maryland’s Robert H. Smith School of Business, we are endowed with extraordinary alumni committed to improving the value we add to our students, faculty, graduates, and corporate partners.
The Robert H. Smith School of Business has 66,000+ alumni
- MBA | MS alumni: 13,000+
- PhD alumni: 400+
- Undergraduate alumni: 44,500+
With 34,000+ alumni living in the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area that includes Maryland and northern Virginia, we connect students and graduates to the largest alumni network in the region.
Those connections can open the door to internships, jobs, prospective clients, business and peer relationships, new markets and new ideas.
Our graduates are high achievers. Notable alumni include:
- Robert H. Smith '50, University of Maryland’s single greatest benefactor
- Leo Van Munching '50, former CEO of Heineken, North America
- Allen J. Krowe '54, former CFO, EVP of IBM; former CFO, Vice-Chairman of Texaco
- Ed Snider '55, chairman of Comcast-Spectator and owner of the Philadelphia Flyers
- William Mayer '66, MBA '67 chair of Park Avenue Equity Partners and former CEO of First Boston Corporation, now Credit Suisse
- Michael J. Ward '72, chairman, president and CEO of CSX Corporation
- Carly Fiorina, MBA '80, former CEO of Hewlett-Packard
- Rob McGovern '83, founder of CareerBuilder.com
- Beatriz Perez '91, chief sustainability officer at Coca-Cola
- Kevin Plank '96, founder and CEO of Under Armour
Alumni who are committed, connected and supportive are critical to the work of the Smith School in providing inspired business education and propelling our students and graduates to exceptional careers.