The Smith School's mission is to create knowledge, promote an inclusive learning environment that fosters intellectual discovery, and equip current and future leaders to assess complex problems and deliver innovative solutions.
We do the right things, the right way.
- We act with integrity and practice intellectual honesty
- We treat each other with respect, embracing diversity of viewpoints and values
- We see beyond our own interests and seek to have a lasting impact on those around us
- We advocate for equity for all members of our community
We embrace challenges and opportunities.
- We’re passionate about the pursuit of new insights in research
- We’re fearless about incorporating new methods and ideas into our classrooms
- We champion intelligent risk-taking and learn from our failures
- We fearlessly communicate around issues of inclusion to create a welcoming environment for all
We have a collective passion for excellence.
- We make decisions based on rigorous examination of the evidence
- We practice what we teach in all areas of management
- We collaborate to create long-term value for our students, our university, our communities and our state
- We value diverse teams as critical assets that drive business excellence