The Smith School's mission is to create knowledge, promote a learning environment that fosters intellectual discovery, and equip current and future leaders to assess complex problems and deliver innovative solutions.
We do the right things, the right way.
- We act with integrity and practice intellectual honesty.
- We treat each other with respect, embracing diversity of viewpoints and values.
- We see beyond our own interests and seek to have a lasting impact on those around us.
We embrace challenges and opportunities.
- We’re passionate about the pursuit of new insights in research.
- We’re fearless about incorporating new methods and ideas into our classrooms.
- We champion intelligent risk-taking and learn from our failures.
We have a collective passion for excellence.
- We make decisions based on rigorous examination of the evidence.
- We practice what we teach in all areas of management.
- We collaborate to create long-term value for our students, our university, our communities and our state.