Sixth Annual Emerging Markets Forum
Doing Business with India: The Promise and the Perils
Friday, April 29, 2016
Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center – Rotunda Room
1300 Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20004
India is an emerging economic powerhouse and US-India commercial ties are of increasing importance to both countries. At a time when many emerging markets are facing economic difficulties, India remains a bright spot on the firmament - holding considerable promise, but also complex and difficult to navigate.
For these reasons, this year's Emerging Markets Forum will focus on doing business with India. Hosted by the Smith School's Center for International Business Education and Research, this year's conference will cover a wide range of topics, including:
- Overcoming impediments to meaningful engagement between India and the U.S.
- Key trends and forces impacting the fortunes of Indian industry
- Government policies and the reform agenda
- Effective strategies for negotiating the diverse Indian market
Among our distinguished array of speakers are:
- His Excellency Mr. Arun K. Singh, India’s Ambassador to the U.S.
- Dr. Jagdish Bhagwati, University Professor at Columbia University & Senior Fellow, Council on Foreign Relations
- Dr. Mukesh Aghi, President of the US-India Business Council