Dear Graduation Candidate,
The faculty and staff of The Robert H. Smith School of Business wish to congratulate you on your candidacy for graduation, and we hope your graduation activities will be events filled with joy and celebration. Below is information about the upcoming commencement activities.
Campus Commencement Ceremony
- Wednesday, May 18 at 7 p.m. in the Xfinity Center.
- For this ceremony, graduates will assemble in Pavilion of the Xfinity Center by 6 p.m. The procession of graduates onto the floor of the Xfinity Center will begin promptly at 6:40 p.m.
- Tickets NOT required for the December campus-wide ceremony.
- Visit www.commencement.umd.edu for more details about this ceremony.
- For special accommodations for guests or graduates at the Campus Ceremony, contact the Office of Special Events at email@example.com or 301-405-4638.
Smith School Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
- Friday, May 20, 2016 at Noon in the Xfinity Center.
- Guests should arrive at the Xfinity Center 30 minutes prior to the ceremony view the graduate procession.
- one hour prior to the ceremony, graduates should report to the Pavilion (auxiliary gymnasium) of the Xfinity Center (Room 0601, located on the southeast end of the Xfinity Center) to lineup for the procession.
- No tickets are required for guests at the Smith School Ceremony.
- The ceremony should conclude by 2 p.m., giving you, your friends, and family time to go out for a celebratory meal after the ceremony.
- We ask guests and graduates to refrain from bringing noise makers or any other instrument that may distract graduates, speakers, faculty/staff, and other audience members. In addition, we ask that all attendees remain for the entire ceremony so we can give each graduate their full recognition.
Be aware that traffic on campus and on the area roads and highways will be heavy the morning of Commencement. The University recommends that graduates and guests attending ceremonies at the Xfinity Center avoid traveling through the center of campus and enter the Xfinity Center via route 193.
Again, we congratulate you on your accomplishments and are looking forward to celebrating graduation with you.
Office of Undergraduate Studies