Dear Graduation Candidate,
The faculty and staff of The Robert H. Smith School of Business wish to congratulate you on your candidacy for graduation, and we hope your graduation activities will be events filled with joy and celebration. Below is information about the upcoming commencement activities.
Campus Commencement Ceremony
- Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 10 a.m. in the Xfinity Center.
- For this ceremony, graduates will assemble in academic regalia (cap & gown) in Lot 4B at the Xfinity Center by 8:45 a.m. The procession of graduates onto the floor of the Xfinity Center will begin promptly at 9:20 a.m.
- Tickets are required for the May campus-wide ceremony. See commencement.umd.edu/information/information_ticket.cfm for more information.
- Visit www.commencement.umd.edu for more details about this ceremony.
- For special accommodations for guests or graduates at the Campus Ceremony, contact the Office of Special Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-405-4638.
Smith School Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
- Thursday, May 21, 2015 in the Xfinity Center.
- Graduates and guests should arrive at the Xfinity Center at 1:30 p.m. to be able to participate and view the graduate procession, which will begin prior to the start of the 2:30 p.m ceremony.
- At 1:30 p.m. graduates should report to the Pavilion (auxiliary gymnasium) of the Xfinity Center (Room 0601, located on the southeast end of the Xfinity Center) to lineup for the procession.
- No tickets are required for guests at the Smith School Ceremony.
- The ceremony should conclude by 4:15 p.m., giving you, your friends, and family time to go out for a celebratory meal after the ceremony.
- We ask guests and graduates to refrain from bringing noise makers or any other instrument that may distract graduates, speakers, faculty/staff, and other audience members. In addition, we ask that all attendees remain for the entire ceremony so we can give each graduate their full recognition.
- Concession stands in the Xfinity Center will be operating throughout commencement day.
Be aware that traffic on campus and on the area roads and highways will be heavy the morning of Commencement. The University recommends that graduates and guests attending ceremonies at the Xfinity Center avoid traveling through the center of campus and enter the Xfinity Center via route 193.
Again, we congratulate you on your accomplishments and are looking forward to celebrating graduation with you.
Office of Undergraduate Studies