Dear Graduation Candidate,
The faculty and staff of The Robert H. Smith School of Business wish to congratulate you on your candidacy for graduation, and we hope your graduation activities will be events filled with joy and celebration. Below is information about the upcoming commencement activities.
Campus Commencement Ceremony
- Thursday, May 22, 2014 at 10 a.m. in the Comcast Center.
- For this ceremony, graduates will assemble in academic regalia (cap & gown) in Lot 4B at the Comcast Center by 8:45 a.m. The procession of graduates onto the floor of the Comcast Center will begin promptly at 9:20 a.m.
- Tickets are required for the May campus-wide ceremony. See commencement.umd.edu/information/information_ticket.cfm for more information.
- Visit www.commencement.umd.edu for more details about this ceremony.
- For special accommodations for guests or graduates at the Campus Ceremony, contact the Office of Special Events at email@example.com or 301-405-4638.
Smith School Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
- Friday, May 23, 2014 in the Comcast Center.
- Graduates and guests should arrive at the Comcast Center at 8 a.m. to be able to participate and view the graduate procession, which will begin prior to the start of the 9 a.m. ceremony.
- At 8 a.m. graduates should report to the Pavilion (auxiliary gymnasium) of the Comcast Center (Room 0601, located on the southeast end of the Comcast Center) to lineup for the procession.
- No tickets are required for guests at the Smith School Ceremony.
- The ceremony should conclude by 10:45 a.m., giving you, your friends, and family time to go out for a celebratory lunch after the ceremony.
- We ask guests and graduates to refrain from bringing noise makers or any other instrument that may distract graduates, speakers, faculty/staff, and other audience members. In addition, we ask that all attendees remain for the entire ceremony so we can give each graduate their full recognition.
- Concession stands in the Comcast Center will be operating throughout commencement day.
- Be aware that traffic on campus and on the area roads and highways will be heavy the morning of Commencement. The University recommends that graduates and guests attending ceremonies at the Comcast Center avoid traveling through the center of campus and enter the Comcast Center via route 193.
- The Smith School's Spring Commencement Ceremony will be streamed live online at www.rhsmith.umd.edu/watchmegraduate.
- Visit www.rhsmith.umd.edu/commencement for more details on the Smith School’s ceremony.
- Please contact the Office of Smith Programs and Events at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-405-9420 to make arrangements for guests or degree candidates who will need special accommodations for the Smith School ceremony. Closed caption is provided on the jumbo screens at the Smith School Ceremony. Sign language interpreters are available upon request through the Disability Support Service and these arrangements must be made at least three weeks prior to commencement. Please contact the Office of Smith Programs and Events at email@example.com or 301-405-9420 as soon as possible (at least 3 weeks prior to the ceremony) if you require a sign language interpreter.
Again, we congratulate you on your accomplishments and are looking forward to celebrating graduation with you.
Office of Undergraduate Studies