At the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, we are endowed with extraordinary alumni committed to improving the value we add to our students, faculty, graduates and corporate partners.
We are fortunate to be able to welcome all of our alumni back to the halls of Van Munching Hall to participate in events with current and prospective students. In addition to the many events that we house within the halls of Van Munching, we are fortunate to foster and continue creating connections outside of the building as well.
Intern and Alumni Meetups
During the summer months, students head off campus to find internships with top companies domestically and internationally. Here at Smith, we encourage and foster relationships between students and alumni even while not on campus via our Summer Meetup Series. Meetups started in 2014 in New York City, Baltimore, and Washington, DC.
Students and Alumni meet over a fun night of bowling, drinks and appetizers to share stories and experiences. If you are interested in attending or hosting a meetup in a new city, please email Mary Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spirit of Smith on the Spirit of the Washington
The Spirit of Smith on the Spirit of the Washington allows for a fun and celebratory event for graduating seniors to dance the night away while cruising on the Spirit of the Washington. Alumni, faculty/staff, and students come together to celebrate the graduating class and all that they have accomplished during their time at Smith as well as all they will accomplish in the future. If you are interested in attending or learning more about the Spirit of Smith on the Spirit of the Washington please email Melanie Ashton at email@example.com.
Our graduates are high achievers. Notable alumni include:
Alumni who are committed, connected and supportive are critical to the work of the Smith School in providing inspired business education and propelling our students and graduates to exceptional careers.
- Leo Van Munching, '50, former CEO of Heineken, North America
- Ed Snider, '55, chairman of Comcast-Spectator and owner of the Philadelphia Flyers
- Allen J. Krowe '54, former CFO, EVP of IBM; former CFO, Vice-Chairman of Texaco
- William Mayer, '66, chair of Park Avenue Equity Partners and former CEO of First Boston Corporation, now Credit Suisse
- Carly Fiorina, '80, former CEO of Hewlett-Packard
- Rob McGovern, '83, founder of CareerBuilder.com
- Beatriz Perez, '91, chief sustainability officer at Coca-Cola
- Kevin Plank, '96, founder and CEO of Under Armour