Leadership, Education, and Development (LEAD) Program
This summer (July 13 - July 31, 2014), the Robert H. Smith School of Business will launch its premier Leadership, Education, and Development (LEAD) Program, providing 30 diverse, high-achieving rising high school seniors from across the country the opportunity to explore finance, entrepreneurship, accounting, marketing and other business careers.
Challenged by Smith professors, students will reside on campus and attend classes in Van Munching Hall. They will be introduced to business principles and skill sets needed for prosperous careers in business. Participating in reality-based learning exercises, students will connect with corporate executives in a variety of business fields and develop life-long relationships with peers with similar aspirations and abilities. LEAD equips students with knowledge, empowering them to confidently make informed decisions when choosing their university and their career.
The objectives of Smith LEAD are to:
- Engage students in an intense, hands-on curriculum with case studies, business plans and team projects.
- Afford students with first-hand awareness from business professionals.
- Develop students’ presentation and public speaking skills.
- Impart principles of responsible leadership.
- Engage students in corporate site visits, mentoring, and cultural and social activities.
- Prepare students for college