The Sport Management Fellows program focuses on the world-wide enterprise of sports, including organized collegiate and professional sports arenas and auxiliary industries such as sports apparel and equipment. Sport Management Fellows will network with and learn from professionals in the sports industry. They will also complete a marketing consulting project for an area sports organization. Past projects have included DC United and Monumental Sports.
The faculty champion for this program is Gideon Mark.
Curriculum: one-year program
- BMGT 488A (Introduction to Sport Management) - Fall
- BMGT 450F (dedicated Fellows section of Integrated Marketing Communications) - Spring
- NOTE: Sport Management Fellows is a 2-semester sequential program with a dedicated Fellows section each semester. In order to make it possible to study abroad during the program, students would be allowed to enroll take BMGT450F with the next cohort. Ideally, these courses should be taken with the cohort.
Fellows Application Eligibility
- Rising junior or senior undergraduate Business Major (May apply if you are in the process of applying to Smith as a transfer student.)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
Applications for Sport Management Fellows for 2016-2017 will officially open January 4 and are due February 8, 2016 at midnight. Students will be notified of admission status by February 26, 2016.
- Online application form.
- Cover letter – Explains why you want to be a part of this program, what you can bring to the program, and what you hope to gain from participating.
Questions? Contact Emily Heavin at email@example.com.