Each semester, QUEST student teams provide consulting services to select corporate sponsors. Champions from corporate sponsors work with teams during the 13 weeks of the semester and receive innovative recommendations to an identified organizational challenge.
Student teams are coached in a weekly class and by their faculty advisors who serve as process experts. Projects and sponsors receive recognition at the QUEST Conference which takes place at the end of each semester. Student teams give a final presentation and report on-site to their champions and other project stakeholders.
- Click here to view past QUEST Conference portfolios.
- Click here for a list of QUEST Capstone Project sponsors from the past 10 years.
Why sponsor a QUEST Capstone Consulting Project?
- Receive 13 weeks of interaction with a multidisciplinary student team that provides 400 to 600 hours of consulting services
- Receive innovative, unbiased recommendations to an organizational challenge
- Access talented University of Maryland students in engineering, business, and science disciplines
- Identify potential candidates for hire and publicize your organization to QUEST students and alumni
Fall 2015 Project Topics
- Retention Analytics
- Unit Cost Driver Analysis
- Improving Efficiency
- Strategic Investment Analysis App
- Identifying and Capturing Expertise
- Web-Based Platform for Customer Engagement
- Technology Deployment and Evaluation
- Inventory Tracking
- Inspection Scheduling
- Engineering Prototype Procurement Process Improvement
Outcomes of Project Sponsorship
“QUEST is relevant to any industry, based on the project you assign. It was a good investment which has led to actionable results for our team.”
- Meghan Good
“The team was able to work with my production scheduler and give him insight as to the opportunities of less changeovers and longer runs. This revised mindset has enabled the production scheduler to improve efficiencies and throughput on the line.”
- Brent Guyton
“The advantage of working with sharp young minds to attempt to solve a real world problem is simply unmatched.”
- Chi Srinath
“QUEST students provided us with a model that will save us time, as well as costs, in the future.”
- Kurt McIntyre
“Cultural change and competitive improvement are hard to quantify in the short term however that is what the students helped us to achieve and we expect that the project will pay back dividends over time.”
- Jon Burns
“The students took a very difficult task and mapped the process. This clearly shows just how complicated our systems are and directions we need to move in to improve.”
- Christopher Sanford,