The Private Equity and Venture Capital Clinic (PEVCC) is a program that provides selected students with the opportunity to serve as Analysts at an actual Private Equity Fund with over $100M under management, under the supervision of Professional Fund managers. As part of this program, students will gain experience in:
- Generating Deal Flow
- Reviewing Business Plans
- Conducting Market and Competitive Research
- Visiting Businesses and Interviewing Entrepreneurs
- Writing Deal Screens
- Performing Due Diligence
- Creating Financial Projections and Valuations.
PEVCC will provide Fellows members with strategic training and skills coveted by corporate recruiters. It also gives high achieving students exposure to the Fund’s network of local entrepreneurs, portfolio company management teams, other venture funds and industry professionals, and most importantly gain real-life investment experience.
Mark Grovic is the Faculty Champion for this program.
Curriculum - one year program
Students selected for this program will register for BMGT349 Private Equity and Venture Capital in both the Fall and Spring semesters. This course typically meets once a week for a seminar, and students should also reserve 1pm-3pm on Tuesdays for occasional course activities that will occur throughout the semester.
*Program is designed for Seniors or accelerated Juniors, but must be completed within one year of being admitted.
- Finance major preferred, but non-finance majors will be considered if pre-requisite finance courses have been taken. (You may apply if you are applying to Smith for 2014-2015.)
- Rising Junior or Senior
- Completion or concurrent enrollment in BMGT 340 and BMGT313
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA
Applications closed February 10, 2014 for participation in Fellows programs for the 2014-2015 academic year. Students will be notified of Fellows admission decisions by February 28.
Questions? Contact Emily Doane (firstname.lastname@example.org).