The Private Equity and Venture Capital Clinic (PEVCC) is a program that provides selected students with the opportunity to serve as Analysts at an actual Private Equity Fund with over $100M under management, under the supervision of Professional Fund managers. As part of this program, students will gain experience in:
- Generating Deal Flow
- Reviewing Business Plans
- Conducting Market and Competitive Research
- Visiting Businesses and Interviewing Entrepreneurs
- Writing Deal Screens
- Performing Due Diligence
- Creating Financial Projections and Valuations.
PEVCC will provide Fellows members with strategic training and skills coveted by corporate recruiters. It also gives high-achieving students exposure to the Fund’s network of local entrepreneurs, portfolio company management teams, other venture funds and industry professionals, and, most importantly, real-life investment experience.
Mark Grovic is the Faculty Champion for this program.
Curriculum: one-year program
Students selected for this program will register for BMGT349 Private Equity and Venture Capital in both the Fall and Spring semesters. Private Equity Fellows is designed for Seniors or accelerated Juniors and must be completed within one year of being admitted.
Students are required to attend Finance Fellows Networking Night in the Fall plus two other co-curricular events as approved by the Finance Fellows team.
- Finance major preferred, but non-finance majors will be considered if pre-requisite finance courses have been taken. (You may apply if you are in the process of applying to Smith.)
- Rising Junior or Senior.
- Completion or concurrent enrollment in BMGT340 and BMGT313.
- Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA.
Applications closed February 10, 2014 for participation in Fellows programs for the 2014-2015 academic year. Applications will open January 5, 2015 for participation in Fellows for 2015-2016.
Questions? Contact Emily Doane Heavin (email@example.com).