Junior Wall Street Finance Fellows is designed to improve education and employment opportunities for undergraduates interested in careers on Wall Street, including investment banking, mergers and acquisitions, sales and trading, asset management and private banking. Students will learn how to compete for these positions and succeed in interviews and during the internship.
Students are matched with an alum in the growing Smith School community on Wall Street. Students will receive individual coaching preparing them to compete for a summer investment banking internship which will well-position them to secure a full-time career position in the industry upon graduation.
Julie Pavlovsky is the faculty champion for this program.
Click here for a Fellows student testimonial.
Curriculum: one-year program
- BMGT313 (Financial Statement Analysis) - Fall semester or may take before entering the program
- BMGT398W (one-credit course focusing on the investment industry, including industry speakers and interview prep) - Fall of junior year
- BMGT448F (Wall Street Finance -case based course focusing on the skills needed on Wall Street) - Spring of junior year
- Fall: career workshops, Wall Street Prep course subsidy, Wall Street commercial careers course.
- Trip to New York City to visit investment banks and network with alumni.
- Networking with an assigned Smith alumni industry mentor.
- Compete for a summer internship in the investment banking industry.
Students are required to attend Finance Fellows Networking Night in the Fall plus two other co-curricular events as approved by the Finance Fellows team.
- Finance majors (You may apply if you are in the process of applying to the Smith School).
- Minimum 3.0 GPA, 3.5 GPA preferred.
- Rising juniors only (sophomore status at time of application).
- Student must be available for a summer internship (goal of program is to assist you in your internship search).
- Student must be planning to graduate by the May completion of the Fellows program or later.
Applications for Junior Wall Street Fellows for the 2015-2016 academic year are now closed. Fellows admission decisions will be sent out by February 27.
Questions? Contact Emily Doane Heavin (firstname.lastname@example.org).