Junior Wall Street Finance Fellows is designed to improve education and employment opportunities for undergraduates interested in careers on Wall Street including investment banking, mergers and acquisitions, sales and trading, asset management and private banking. The program will educate students about what they need to know to compete for these positions and succeed in interviews. The program will establish mentoring with alumni in the field and help create a stronger Smith School community within the finance industry. Students will receive individual coaching preparing them to compete for a summer investment banking internship. As a result, they will be well positioned to secure a full-time career position in the investment banking industry upon graduation.
Julie Pavlovsky is the faculty champion for this program.
Curriculum - one-year program
- BMGT313, Financial Statement Analysis (recommended for fall semester; may take before entering the program)
- BMGT398W, one-credit course focusing on the investment industry, including industry speakers and interview prep (required fall)
- BMGT448F, Wall Street Finance (required spring)
- Attend Finance Fellows speakers series (2 events in fall and 2 events in spring required).
- Fall: career workshops, Wall Street Prep course subsidy, Wall Street commercial careers course
- Trip to New York City to visit investment banks and network with alumni.
- Networking with an assigned Smith alumni industry mentor.
- Compete for a summer internship in the investment banking industry.
- Finance majors (You may apply if you are applying to Smith for 2014-2015.)
- Minimum 3.0 GPA, 3.5 GPA preferred
- Rising juniors only (sophomore status at time of application).
- Student must be available for a summer internship (goal of program is to assist you in your internship search)
- Student must be planning to graduate by the May completion of the Fellows program or later
Applications closed February 10, 2014 for participation in Fellows programs for the 2014-2015 academic year. Students will be notified of Fellows admission decisions by February 28.
Questions? Contact Emily Doane (firstname.lastname@example.org).