The Emerging CFOs program is for students interested in corporate finance and investment banking. ECFOs provides in-depth analysis of corporate finance aspects of finance and provides students with enhanced leadership and communication skills.
In addition to traditional courses taken by all finance majors, students in this program will take a dedicated Fellows section of Financial Management, BMGT440F. This section brings in corporate speakers and includes an in-class case competition.
Dr. Sue White is the Faculty Champion for this program.
Curriculum: one-year program
- BMGT340 (Business Finance) - Sophomore year or Fall of Junior year
- BMGT313F (Financial Statement Analysis) - Fall
- BMGT440F (Financial Management) - Spring
- Mentoring program with with professionals in the field
- Case competition
- Finance Fellows Speaker Series
- Site visits
Students are required to attend Finance Fellows Networking Night in the Fall plus two other co-curricular events as approved by the Finance Fellows team.
Fellows Application Eligibility
- Must be a Finance Major. (You may also apply if you are applying to Smith for 2014-2015.)
- Rising juniors or seniors may apply.
- Grade of B- or better in BMGT340 (may complete either spring semester at time of application or fall semester. Admission is provisional contingent upon satisfactory completion of BMGT340).
The ECFOs Fellows application for 2014-2015 is closed. Applications will open January 5, 2015 for participation in Fellows for 2015-2016.
Questions? Contact Emily Doane Heavin (firstname.lastname@example.org).