The Emerging CFOs program is designed for students interested in corporate finance and investment banking. It is designed to provide in-depth analysis of corporate finance aspects of finance, and provide students with enhanced leadership and communication skills. In addition to traditional courses taken by all finance majors, students in this program will attend a dedicated section of Financial Management, BMGT 440 FP section. This section brings in corporate speakers and includes a in-class case competition.
Dr. Sue White is the Faculty Champion for this program, click here to view her profile.
Curriculum - 1 year program
- BMGT 340 (Business Finance) Sophomore year or Fall of Junior year
- BMGT 313 FP section (Financial Statement Analysis) Fall of Junior or Senior year
- BMGT 440 FP section (Financial Management) Spring of Junior or Senior year
NOTE: BMGT 313 (Financial Statement Analysis) is required for all Emerging CFO's Fellows. Two dedicated sections will be offered in Fall semester for Emerging CFO's and Financial Services fellows, students may enroll in either section.
*Program is open to rising Juniors and Seniors but must be completed within one year of being admitted.
- Mentoring program with with professionals in the field
- Case competition
- Finance Fellows Speaker Series
- Optional non-credit trips
- Optional winter-term three credit study trip
NOTE: Fellows are required to attend 4 out of 6 events. The speaker series also require writing a 1-page reflection paper following each event.
Fellows Application Eligibility
- Must be a Finance Major. (You may also apply if you are applying to Smith for 2014-2015.)
- Minimum Junior Standing. Rising juniors may apply.
- Grade of B- or better in BMGT340 (may complete either spring semester at time of application or fall semester. Admission is provisional contingent upon satisfactory completion of BMGT340)
Applications closed February 10, 2014 for participation in Fellows programs for the 2014-2015 academic year. Students will be notified of Fellows admission decisions by February 28.
Questions? Contact Emily Doane (email@example.com).