Thank you for your interest in the Business Honors program! Business Honors strives to provide undergraduate Smith students with intellectually challenging experiences and coursework to address complex business challenges. To better serve our undergraduate students, the Business Honors program will not be accepting new students for the 2018-19 academic year as we revisit our program offerings.
Charles Olson is the faculty director for this program.
Kristin LaRiviere is the staff director and point of contact for this program.
Information for Current Business Honors Students:
Curriculum: 2-3 years (15 credits)
This program offers H-version sections of all required BMGT core classes at the junior and senior level. Honors version sections present the same course content as the regular sections, but involve more rigorous and active participation, intensive writing, and faculty emphasis on critical thinking and reflective learning.
- BMGT 340H - Finance (offered fall semester)
- BMGT 350H - Marketing (offered fall semester)
- BMGT 364H - Management & Organizational Behavior (offered spring semester)
- BMGT 380H - Business Law (offered spring semester)
- BMGT 495H - Business Policies (offered spring semester)
- BMGT 493H - Honors Capstone (offered fall semester)
- BMGT 494H - Thesis (offered spring semester)
BMGT 493H is the capstone course for the Honors Program that students will take the fall semester of their senior year. Taught using the case-study method, BMGT 493H provides an overview of business research methodologies, and covers special topics in business—including business strategy, business ethics, and corporate responsibility. Students must complete BMGT493H prior to enrolling in BMGT495H.
Learn more about studying abroad while in Business Honors.
Questions? Contact Kristin LaRiviere at firstname.lastname@example.org.