Read about Banking and Private Wealth Management Fellows trip to the Federal Reserve.
The Banking and Private Wealth Management program (formerly Financial Services) is designed for students interested in the financial services industry, including traditional banking (loan officer, personal banking officer) and private wealth management (financial planners, personal investment managers). Emphasis on financial services: traditional banking, financial planners, personal investment managers. Potential partners may include commercial banks, savings and loans, credit unions, insurance companies, private wealth managers, and financial planning firms.
Dr. Elinda Kiss is the Faculty Champion for this program. Click here to view her profile.
Curriculum -- 1 year program
- BMGT340 - by Fall (if not completed already)
- BMGT341 (Financial Markets) or ECON330 (Money & Banking) - by Fall (if not completed already; could be taken concurrently with BMGT445F but not preferred)
- BMGT 313F (Dedicated fellows section of Financial Statement Analysis) - Fall
- BMGT 445F (dedicated fellows section of Banking & Financial Institutions) - Spring
- Finance Fellows Speaker Series
- Banking simulation game
- Optional site visits to the Federal Reserve and FDIC
- Mentoring program with professionals in the field
Fellows Application Eligibility
- Must be a Finance Major (You may apply if you are applying to Smith for 2014-2015.)
- Minimum 45 credit hours at time of application.
- Grade of B- or better in BMGT340 (may complete either spring semester at time of application or fall semester. Admission is provisional contingent upon satisfactory completion of BMGT340)
The priority application deadline for Banking Fellows was February 10. There are a few remaining spots intended for transfer students. Applications are due at 11:59pm on May 4.
Access the application here. Note: You cannot save and go back to your application, so have your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in Banking Fellows ready to upload.
Questions? Contact Emily Doane (firstname.lastname@example.org).