All international applicants seeking admission must complete and submit their application and all application materials by December 15 regardless of visa type. The Smith School of Business complies with all policies set by the University of Maryland Office of International Services.
In addition to the application requirements, international applicants must submit the following supporting materials:
- TOEFL – minimum score of 100
- IELTS – minimum score of 7
- Please use the reporting code 5814 to have scores reported.
- Exemptions are listed on the University of Maryland Office of International Services website.
International Academic Credentials
- Official Copy of all previous degrees/diplomas and transcripts issued in the original language with a literal English translation.
Financial Certification – applicants do not need to submit this until after notification of admission decisions unless the applicant will be fully funded/sponsored by an outside institution and is guaranteed funding for the duration of the program (5 years).
VISA Documentation - If you are already in the United States, attach copies of your passport, US visa, I-94 card, and all pages of your I-20/DS-2019. If you are a Permanent Resident or hold another visa status please include copies of the Immigration documents showing your status.
Please view the University of Maryland Office of International Services website for any exemptions or explanations of these requirements.