Smith School alumni: Committed. Connected. Supportive.
At the Robert H. Smith School of Business at the University of Maryland, we are endowed with extraordinary alumni committed to improving the value we add to our students, faculty, graduates and corporate partners.
With 57,000 alumni, our network of support is global.
And with 30,000 alumni living in the Washington, D.C., metroplex that includes Maryland and North Virginia, we connect students and graduates to the largest alumni network in the region.
Those connections can open to the door to internships, jobs, prospective clients, business and peer relationships, new markets and new ideas.
Our graduates are high achievers. Notable alumni include:
- Leo Van Munching, '50, former CEO of Heineken, North America.
- Ed Snider, '55, chairman of Comcast-Spectator and owner of the Philadelphia Flyers.
- William Mayer, '66, chair of Park Avenue Equity Partners and former CEO of First Boston Corporation, now Credit Suisse.
- Carly Fiorina, '80, former CEO of Hewlett-Packard.
- Rob McGovern, '83, founder of CareerBuilder.com.
- Beatriz Perez, '91, chief sustainability officer at Coca-Cola.
- Kevin Plank, '96, founder and CEO of Under Armour.
Alumni who are committed, connected and supportive are critical to the work of the Smith School in providing inspired business education and propelling our students and graduates to exceptional careers.
The Smith School
Inspired to learn. Determined to succeed.