The MSB in SCM program only admits students during the fall semester.
The following are required to be considered for admission into the program:
- The equivalent of a US bachelor's degree.
- The Graduate Record Examination® (GRE®) or the Graduate Management Admissions Test® (GMAT®). At least one official score must be submitted.
- A completed online application form that includes a written essay articulating your qualifications and motivation for pursuing advanced education.
- Application fee of $75.
- The online application allows you to upload a scanned official transcript(s) for each college or university attended. If the official transcript where you received your degree does not state the degree was conferred, please also upload an official diploma or official copy of your degree received (most schools already list the conferred degree on the transcript). If you are formally admitted to the University of Maryland, you will be required to submit an official transcript at new student orientation. If your transcript is not in English, please also an official transcript translated into English.
- Two letters of recommendation from supervisors within your organization or from professors familiar with your work.
- Admissions interview, if required. After initial screening, the Admissions Office may select candidates for interviews which may be done in person or by telephone. The Admissions Office will contact you to schedule an interview time.
- Proof of English language proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS official scores). Those who have received an undergraduate or graduate degree from one of the countries listed here are waived of this requirement.
- For any international student needing an F1 visa, a completed certification of finance form and supporting financial documentation must be received before a formal admission decision can be made. The certification of finance form is located in the online application. All financial documents can be uploaded into the online application.
|Application Deadline||Decision Mailing Date|
|October 15, 2013||December 15, 2013|
|December 1, 2013||February 15, 2014|
|February 1, 2014||April 15, 2014|
|April 1, 2014||Rolling basis|
- TOEFL - institutional code is 5814, departmental code is 02
- GRE - institutional code is 5814, departmental code is 4201
- GMAT - SQT - N8 - 48
Admitted Student Profile
The admissions committee carefully considers every component of the application file. Previous academic performance, substantive letters of recommendation, clear career goals, and strong standardized test scores are among the criteria considered. A competitive applicant will possess the following:
- GMAT score in the mid 600's or higher
- GRE scores in the 75th percentile or higher on each section
- Undergraduate grade point average of 3.3 and higher (of a 4.0 scale)
- TOEFL score of at least 100 (must meet minimum requirements for unconditional admission as stated by the university)
We look forward to reviewing your application package.
Tuition rate is dependent on your residency status in the state of Maryland. If you qualify for in-state tuition rates, your cost will be approximately $44,300. If you qualify for out-of-state tuition rates, your cost will be approximately $52,400. These amounts do not include books and additional course materials that are required to attend class. These tuition figures are based on fall 2013 costs and will change for the fall 2014 term.