Application materials should be submitted to the Office of Human Resources & Organizational Effectiveness (VMH 2516K) no later than June 30, 2014 at 5 p.m.
Please submit materials physically or via e-mail to: email@example.com. Please ensure that the documents are scanned to show all necessary signatures.
- Supervisor’s nomination and strong letter of support
- The supervisor and/or senior leader’s letter of support should be in Microsoft Word format and include the following:
- A strong recommendation for your staff member's participation
- A description of how your staff member will add value to the departmental unit or college
- High commitment to the Robert H. Smith School of Business, its purpose and values
2. Official application to include a written statement of interest from the employee (500 words or less)
- The written statement of interest must include the following:
- A description of how your participation will add value to the department, division or college, and the university
- A description of how this institute will add value to your professional endeavors
- A description of your current and past experiences along with your significant professional accomplishments
Selection Committee Process
The UMD-Smith Leadership Academy selection committee is comprised of both senior staff and faculty members and the selection process is facilitated by Smith Human Resources. The application pool and the selection process discussions are kept confidential within the committee. The selection committee will evaluate each nomination solely on the merit of criteria presented.