|Net-Impact at Smith|
Net Impact is a network of emerging business leaders committed to using the power of business to create a better world. It is also the most progressive and influential network of MBAs in existence today. Originally founded as Students for Responsible Business in 1993, Net Impact has developed from a great idea shared by a few business students into a mission-driven network of 5,000 new leaders for better business.
Through its central office and 280 local chapters, Net Impact offers a portfolio of programs to help members broaden their business education, refine their leadership skills, and pursue their professional goals, while building their network. The National organization is headquartered in San Francisco.The Mission
At the R.H. Smith School of Business, we understand that true business leadership creates positive economic, social and environmental change. Net Impact at Smith serves as a hub for both academic and career-oriented activities related to developing a broader perspective of leadership and entrepreneurship. Through guest lecturers, student discussions, interactive workshops, and community volunteering, we explore new business models and methods to exert a positive impact upon our environment.
Net Impact at Smith is dedicated to:
- Educating business professionals to become business leaders that VALUE all their stakeholders
- Providing academic and professional SUPPORT to this growing network business leaders
- Creating tangible, POSITIVE CHANGE in the world
How We Compare
Net Impact recently published its 2011 edition of Business as UNusual: The Student Guide to Graduate Programs, and the Smith School was included!
In case you’re not familiar with the guide, Business as UNusual profiles MBA programs’ commitment to social and environmental themes in coursework, extracurricular activities, career services, and more. And it’s the only publication where this information comes directly from current students each year. The 2011 edition profiles more than 100 programs from around the world, and more than 2,500 students contributed their opinions.
Some highlights from our school’s profile:
- Smith's Gold Net Impact Chapter status!
- Considered “one of the best places in the nation to explore global supply chain management.”
- “The Smith School offers a systemic and systematic business education with a rigorous approach that equips students to create social value and economic prosperity within their communities and around the world.”