How to Become an Officer?
Officer elections are held in December with new board members assuming their
positions from January through the following December.
What will I gain from the position?
- You will meet and network with other committed SCM students
- You will gain an inside edge and increased priority regarding SCM scholarships, internships, and jobs
- You will have more opportunities to network with SCM Alumni and Industry Day recruiters than other students
- You will be in better stead to run for an SCM elected position
- Get to know SCM professors, who are passionate about students, have extensive industry experience, and can open career doors for you.
What are the formal requirements of Officers?
- Participate in the planning and attend Industry Day
- Attend all SCM events (barring extraordinary circumstances)
- Attend weekly executive meetings
- Man the registration table for the SCM society during the week of an SCM event
- Make classroom announcements during the week of an SCM event
Contact the VP of Internal Relations for the SCM Society.