Our undergraduate program is widely recognized as "The Crown Jewel of the Smith School." Smith School undergrads are among the brightest students at the University of Maryland. Students come from a wide variety of backgrounds and are willing and eager to do what is required to succeed in their job search and career. Highly sought after by top companies and the Big 4 accounting firms, Smith students move on to bright futures after graduation.
The following undergraduate majors are available in business: Accounting, Finance, Management, Information Systems, International Business, Supply Chain Management, Marketing, or Operations Management.
Career Services for Undergraduates
- Career Coaching
- Major Exploration & Career Direction
- Developing a Job Search Plan
- HireSmith Assistance
- Finding an Internship
- Resume and Cover Letter Advice
- Connecting with Clubs
- Evaluating and Negotiating Job Offers
- Mock Interviews
See our most recent Placement Statistics. The employment data provided broadly groups students by their career choices as defined by industry, function and location.
Career Advising and Resources
- SmithPeers Mentoring Program: This mentoring program pairs you with another undergraduate student and provides mentoring, professional development and networking opportunities with a strong focus on career guidance.
- Smith Undergraduate Student Association (SUSA)
- All undergraduate business clubs and organizations
- BMGT 367: Career Strategies
An overview and opportunity to practice job search skills critical to obtaining internships and full-time positions. Course will cover strategies for exploring career options, preparing job search materials, development of job search skills such as interviewing and networking. Students are encouraged to take this course in the sophomore or junior year.
- BMGT 398: Internship for Credit
Top 25 Recruiting Companies
- Amazon.com, Inc.
- Anchin, Block & Anchin LLP
- Branch Banking and Trust Company
- Capital One
- General Electric
- Grant Thornton LLP
- Hitachi Consulting Corporation
- International Business Machines Corp.
- KPMG LLP
- Lockheed Martin
- Macy's, Inc.
- Marriott International, Inc.
- McGladrey LLP
- Morgan Stanley
- Reznick Group, P.C.
- Stanley Black & Decker
- T. Rowe Price
- W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.