Recruiting Made Easy
The Office of Career Services at the University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business strives to make your on-campus interviewing experience exceptional, easy and efficient. We assist in planning, preparing and executing on-campus interviews. Our 19 interview rooms are at your disposal, and when you’re ready for a break, have lunch on us. Can’t make it to College Park? CISCO TelePresence brings our campus – and top-notch students – to you.
Open in 2011, our state-of-the-art, full-service recruiting suite was designed with the needs of recruiters in mind, and we've paid attention to every detail. From the improved layout and design, to the substantial investment we've made in new technologies, staff and programming, we aim to create an environment that will make you successful in the war for talent.
- When you arrive at Van Munching Hall, you will find convenient, preferred recruiter parking just steps away from the building in Mowatt Lane Garage (Directions).
- Upon check-in, our staff will review your agenda, provide candidate folders, and lead you to your designated interview room(s).
- Interviews are typically scheduled between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Enjoy a complimentary lunch in our spacious employer lounge, where you'll have an opportunity to relax and network with your colleagues.
The University of Maryland is conveniently located in the heart of the Washington, D.C., metropolitan area. College Park, Maryland, is inside the Capital Beltway, just eight miles from downtown D.C., and campus is easily accessible via car, bus, Metro, train, and airplane. The Smith School also has offices in Washington, D.C., Shady Grove, Md., Baltimore, Md., and Beijing, China.
- The Marriott Inn & Conference Center, University of Maryland University College
(within walking distance of Van Munching Hall)
- The Greenbelt Marriott
- The Hampton Inn College Park
- Table Service Restaurants
- Adele’s (Stamp Student Union)
- Busboys and Poets (Hyattsville, MD)
- Chef’s Secret (Greenbelt, MD)
- Franklin's Restaurant, Brewery, and General Store (Hyattsville, MD)
- Hard Times Café (College Park, MD)
- Ledo’s Pizza (College Park, MD)
- Mulligan's Grill and Pub (College Park, MD, overlooking the UMD Golf Course)
- RJ Bentley’s Filling Station (College Park, MD)
- Quick Service Restaurants
- Bobby’s Burger Palace (College Park, MD)
- Elevation Burger (Hyattsville, MD)
- Jason’s Deli (College Park, MD)
- Noodles (College Park, MD)
- Spice6 (Hyattsville, MD)