Our University of Maryland alumni actively support a variety of career events, including industry-specific mock interviews, alumni insights workshops, industry panels, and city campus networking events. Smith also has local and global alumni chapters that collaborate to reinvest in our students, share job opportunities and cultivate our expanded Smith professional community. The Office of Career Services works closely with our alumni at all stages of their careers.
Terps Helping Terps
No matter where your career may have taken you, you were a Smith School student – and a Terp – first. Pay it forward and help a fellow Terp in any number of ways.
- Career Coaching: Our dedicated Coaches and Industry Advisors come from all corners of business to aid you in finding your perfect fit. They can help with career and major exploration, researching companies and positions, mock interviews, creating resumes and cover letters, preparing for the interview, and negotiating offers.
- Facilitate Networking Events
- Conduct Mock Interviews
- Participate on Career Panels
- Give to the Smith School
The Smith School hosts hundreds of events each year. Below are a sampling of events focused on lifelong learning and career networking. For a full listing of Smith School events - including Cupid's Cup Business Competition and the Social Enterprise Symposium - visit our online calendar.
Smith School Business Summit
The Smith School Business Summit (SSBS) provides an opportunity for the entire Smith community to engage in compelling discussions on current trends and strategies. The annual event is sponsored by the Office of Career Services and features a compelling keynote speaker, followed by a series of expert panels, ending with a cocktail reception. Widely regarded as one of Smith’s best events that brings together alumni, local businesses, students, faculty, and staff, SSBS registration fills up quickly.
Backyard Networking Series
Do you or your company have a job that could use a little turtle power? Our Backyard Networking Series is the perfect face-to-face conduit to share opportunities with other alumni. Casual networking events like these help us achieve our goal of keeping our alumni connected with the Smith community.
CEO @ Smith
CEO@Smith is a dynamic speaker series designed to connect our community of students, alumni, faculty, and staff with leading business practitioners and innovators. The interactive atmosphere blended with invaluable wisdom from top CEOs provides many exceptional opportunities throughout the year to learn from industry giants. Each event is free and open to the public, and takes place at 5:30 p.m. in Frank Auditorium, Van Munching Hall, at the University of Maryland, College Park.
Looking to advance your career? The Smith School has many different options for working professionals. The top-ranked Smith MBA program is available in five convenient formats to fit your lifestyle: full-time, evening, weekend, executive, and online. Programs are held in College Park, Md., Baltimore, Md., Shady Grove, Md., and Washington, D.C. Smith also offers an executive MBA in Beijing, China.
Want to focus on a specific area? One of Smith's five MS in Business programs may be what you're looking for: Accounting, Finance, Information Systems, Marketing Anayltics, and Supply Chain Management.
Already have a graduate degree but you want to get up to speed on new techniques? Smith has a full suite of open enrollment and custom Executive Education opportunities. Right now, the Cybersecurity Leadership Certificate Program is accepting applications for fall 2013.
Want to stay abreast of current business topics? Depending on your preferred method of delivery, the Smith School has various ways for you to catch up on what's being taught in the classroom.
- Smith Business magazine and the Research@Smith newsletter highlight the latest faculty research and are available in print and online.
- Smith faculty and administrators are tapped by the world's top news outlets every day for expert commentary. Smith School in the News features a compilation of top media hits.
- Smith Business Close-Up is a five-minute biweekly television segment that focuses on the latest thinking in business management, and features in-depth interviews with Smith School faculty and other members of the school’s community of business leaders. The program is co-produced by the Robert H. Smith School of Business and Maryland Public Television.
- Video on newsworthy hot topics, keynote speakers and event highlights is available on the Smith School YouTube channel.