There are currently no upcoming studies for pay.
Registering for a Paid Research Study
To register in advance for a research session you must first create an account with the lab's online experiment management system (Sona). Once you have created a Sona account you will be able to log in and sign up to participate in studies. Please follow the directions below when registering.
- Go to the Sona homepage at rhsmith-umd.sona-systems.com
- Click the ‘New Participant’ link (bottom left side of the page).
- Complete the requested information. In the "Courses" field select the option: "Studies for Pay (Not Course Related)."
- When you have successfully created an account you will receive an email confirmation. Note: You should configure your junk mail filters to accept email from the address: "firstname.lastname@example.org," as emails from the system will be sent from that address. If you are using an @umd.edu account you can do this in webmail through the "Options" page, then click the "Junk Mail Control" link and add the address to your "Allowed Senders" list.
- Log in to the system with your newly created account.
- Click ‘Study Sign-Up’ to open a list of current studies. Select the particular study that interests you to read a study description and sign up for available timeslots.
If you have any questions or need more assistance please email: email@example.com.