Martin J. Gannon
Management & Organization
Honors and Awards
- International Landmark Award, University of Maryland at College Park. 2002
- Have been profiled in several publications, such as Who's Who in Management Science, Contemporary Authors, etc. 1980-present
- Semester Research Award, General Research Board, University of Maryland. 1995
- John F. Kennedy Foundation/Fulbright Professor, Thammasat University, Bangkok, Thailand. 1988
- Elected Fellow, Eastern Academy of Management. 1988
Primary Research Areas:
Cross-cultural management and behavior
- Martin J. Gannon, Editor, Encyclopedia of Global Cultures (Sage Publications, 2005 (tentative date), two volumes).
- Martin J. Gannon, Cross-cultural Paradoxes, work in progress.
- Martin J. Gannon and Karen Newman, Editors, Handbook of Cross-Cultural Management Oxford, England: Blackwell Publishers, 2002, 509 pages. Blackwell will publish a web-based edition in 2004.
- Martin J. Gannon and Associates, Understanding Global Cultures: Metaphorical Journeys Through 23 Countries, Second Edition. Thousand Oaks, CA.: Sage Publications, 2001. An Italian translation of the first edition was published by Baldini & Castoldi in 1997 and a Korean translation 2002, Communication Books (Seoul, Korea). Third edition is under contract.
- Martin J. Gannon, Cultural Metaphors: Readings, Research Translations, and Commentary. Thousand Oaks, CA.: Sage Publications, 2001.