Clinical Associate Professor
- Ph.D., Production and Operation Management, Gazi University 1987.
- M.Sc., Statistics, Gazi University, 1983.
- B.A., Business Administration: Ankara Academy of Economics and Commercial Sciences, 1980.
Dr. Ruhi has been teaching at the Smith School of Business since the Fall of 1999. Previously Dr. Ruhi was a professor at Strayer University, from 1993-2001, and served as Department Chair for the School of Business Administration and Economics at Strayer University’s Prince George’s Campus from Sep.1998 to Sep.2001. He served as a Faculty Senate member at Strayer University between 1998-2000. Dr. Ruhi has also taught as an associate faculty member at the Johns Hopkins University graduate Department of Marketing.
Dr. Ruhi teaches Operations Management, Operations Research, Business Simulation as well as Statistics-related courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels at the University of Maryland. He has taught Statistics, Mathematics and Quantitative Methods as a full-time faculty member in several countries at the undergraduate and graduate levels since 1983.
Dr. Ruhi is a recipient of 2006 and 2002 Krowe Teaching Award from University of Maryland, Robert H. Smith School of Business for excellence in teaching undergraduate courses in statistics and operation research.
He is a recipient of the Teaching Excellence Award (top 15%) in 2005, Spring 2001, Spring 2000 and Fall 1999 from Robert H. Smith School of Business.
He has reviewed the following books:
- Terry Dielman's Data Analysis for Management Decision's manuscript , Duxbury, Thomson Learning, in 2000.
- David Pentico's Basic Management Sciences manuscript , Duxbury in 2003.
- Weiss and Young's Applied Regression and Analysis of Variance: A second course in Statistics manuscript, Pearson Education, in 2004.
- Keller Gerald, Business Statistics for Management Science, Thomson Business & Economics, 2006.
Stevenson j William, Ozgur Ceyhun, Management Science with Spreadsheets, McGraw- Hill/Irwin, 2007.
Areas of interest
His major areas of interest are optimization, linear programming and applied statistics.
He has conducted seminars in the areas of Acceptance Sampling, Linear Programming, Quality Circle and the importance of Quality Control in food industry.
Dr. Ruhi has supervised a large number of undergraduate dissertations in optimization, production planning, and statistical quality control fields.