Person of the Year Award: 2014
MICHAEL J. GARDNER, Chief Development Officer, Exel
As chief development officer for the Americas region, Michael (Mike) Gardner oversees strategy, mergers and acquisitions, sales, marketing, integrated logistics design, solutions, sustainability and innovation. He also has global responsibility for some of Exel’s largest clients. Mike returned to Exel via the 2004 acquisition of Tibbett & Britten and has more than 30 years of industry experience with Distribution Centers Inc. (Exel), GATX Logistics, and APL Logistics. Mike received his MBA in finance from Southern Illinois University Edwardsville and Bachelor of Science in business from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. He is a member of the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP), is active in many church and community activities and on the Board of Trustees for the Columbus Symphony Orchestra.
Former person of the year award winners:
- Chris Sultemeier, Executive Vice President, Logistics North America, Walmart
- Mike Roth, Vice President of Operations, Amazon
- Mark Holified, SVP of Global Supply Chain, The Home Depot
- Peter Gibbons, EVP of Global Supply Chain, Starbucks
- John D. Porcari, Secretary, Department of Transportation
- Jock Menzies, President, Terminal Corporation
- Rick Blasgen, President, Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals (CSCMP)
- Edward Emmett, President, National Industrial Transportation League
- Herb Johnson, Past President, Council of Logistics Management
- Don Schneider, President, Schneider National Inc.
- Michael J. Ward, Chairman, President, and CEO, CSX Corp.
- Linda Morgan, Former Chair, Surface Transportation Board and the Interstate Commerce Commission
- Jeffrey Crowe, Chairman, Landstar System Inc.
- Ro Parra, SVP, Dell Corp
- Ron Widdows, Chief Executive, APL Ltd.
- Jeffrey N. Shane, Under Secretary for Policy, U.S. Department of Transportation