The study of logistics has been an academic focus at the University of Maryland since 1949. The Supply Chain Management Center (SCMC), established in 1998, builds on the university's half-century commitment to advancing supply chain practices and research.
Drawing on the influential logistics and supply chain management faculty at the Robert H. Smith School of Business, the Supply Chain Management Center combines a cross-functional approach to supply chain management with unparalleled technology resources to lead the way in defining 21st century supply chain best practices.
- Thomas Corsi and Vivek Vaid, Motor Carrier Safety Performance Profile: 2000-2009, Prepared for the Analysis Division, Office of Information Management, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, Washington: D.C., July 2010.
- SCIC Project Pilot, U.S. Air Force supply chain portal
- Portal Connections to Real-Time Systems, F101 Portal Build-Out
- MiddleWare Development
- Scalable Supply Chain, Assessing the Organizational Impact of Internet Technology
- HIMARS Portal Supply Chain Management Project, U.S. Army