Dingman Center Angel Benefits
- Investor presentations by the region’s most promising early stage companies
- Monthly networking with a diverse group of quality investors and advisors
- Unique access to a pipeline of proprietary technologies developed at the University of Maryland
- Mentoring opportunities with Dingman Center’s student entrepreneurship initiatives
Access to Technology Transfer Meetings
Dingman Center Angels investors have unique access to a pipeline of proprietary technologies developed at the University of Maryland. The Dingman Center partners with the Clark School of Engineering’s Mtech Program and the Office of Technology Commercialization to identify promising tech transfer opportunities.
Investor meetings are held the second Wednesday of each month from September to June. The Dingman Center Angels invites up to four companies to present to Dingman Center Angels investors at monthly breakfast events. After each event, the Center works with investors on follow-up due diligence and supports companies throughout the funding process. Events begin at 9 a.m. and take place at Van Munching Hall.
Investor Meetings 2013-2014
- September 11
- October 9
- November 13
- December 11
- January 8
- February 12
- March 12
- April 9
- May 14
- June 11
The following credentials are required for our investors:
- You must be an accredited investor: an individual investor as defined in rule 501(a) of Regulation D or an institutional investor
- It is recommended that you live and/or frequently visit the Mid-Atlantic region
- Have experience managing and/or building successful companies
- Have a peer network of domain expertise and contacts to support your portfolio of investments
- Are sincerely interested in making at least one angel investment per year.
Join our Network
To join our investor network, download and complete the Dingman Center Angels Investor Application. Send your completed form and membership fee, either $1250 for individuals or $1750 for a business entity, payable to University of Maryland, to:
Dingman Center for Entrepreneurship
c/o Alyse Carter
2518 Van Munching Hall
College Park, MD 20742
What our investors are saying?
"The Dingman Center Angels is the most sophisticated group of angel investors in the Mid-Atlantic region."
—Ed Barrientos, Angel-in-Residence and serial entrepreneur
"Veenome came to Dingman Center Angels with an object-recognition algorithm to make video searchable. I used a prototype of the Veenome service and loved it. I am now an investor in a company that could unlock a whole new way to monetize free video on the web. If you are an angel investor, companies like Veenome are what you want to see in your deal flow. Dingman Center Angels did a great job sourcing this deal for me."
—Jason Shrensky, Angel-in-Residence