BUSINESS RESOURCES [+]
OTHER CIBERS [+]
- Brigham Young University
- Columbia University
- Florida International University
- George Washington University
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Indiana University
- Michigan State University
- The Ohio State University
- Purdue University
- San Diego State University
- Temple University
- Texas A&M University
- The University of Texas at Austin
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of Colorado at Denver
- University of Connecticut
- University of Florida
- University of Hawaii at Manoa
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- University of Kansas
- University of Maryland
- University of Memphis
- University of Michigan
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh
- University of South Carolina
- University of Southern California
- University of Washington
- University of Wisconsin
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND RESOURCES [+]
CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT [+]
Here is a collection of informative videos and podcasts that explore relevant and topical issues facing the international business community. They can be watched/listened to at your convenience or shown/played in your classroom or at your event in order to incorporate more global learning easily into the content. If you would like assistance incorporating this into a classroom discussion please reach out to the CIBER department.
Speaker: Iqbal Quadir, Founder and Director Emeritus, Legatum Center, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
From the 2015 Emerging Markets Forum held at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center in Washington, DC, Iqbal Quadir talks about the power entrepreneurship can have to reduce poverty and increase opportunity around the world. As the founder of Grameenphone and bKash, Iqbal Quadir is a leader in inclusive entrepreneurship and enterprise development. Here he provides his insights as to how entrepreneurs are changing the world for the better and ways that innovation can be supported around the world.
Speaker: Anil K. Gupta, Michael Dingman Chair in Strategy, Globalization and Entrepreneurship at the Robert H. Smith School of Business
The second keynote speaker at the 2015 Emerging Markets Forum, Dr. Gupta provides a detailed exploration of macroeconomic trends and strategies within individual emerging market countries such as China, India and Brazil among others. Why have some countries performed better at improving GDP per capita than others is the major question that Dr. Gupta posits and explores during this presentation.
- Philip Auerswald, Executive Director of Global Entrepreneurship Research Network and Associate Professor, School of Public Policy, George Mason University
- Harry G. Broadman, CEO and Managing Partner, Proa Global Partners LLC and Director of Johns Hopkins University's Center on Global Enterprise
- Samuel Pienknagura, Research Economist, Office of the Chief Economist, Latin America and the Caribbean, World Bank Group
This panel of experts explores how policy makers can help create and support innovative entrepreneurs around the world. Each panelist has decades of experience working in this field and they provide their insights on how governments have succeeded and failed in this endeavor in different emerging markets around the world. Please open the accompanying PowerPoint presentations that accompany the panelists' speeches.
BBC World Service: Global Business
In depth interviews and news coverage of the biggest trends and discussions in global business.
BBC World Business Report
Broadcast daily, the BBC provides analysis of global business and economic issues. Visit the website to find current reports related to classroom discussions.
Entrepreneur on Fire
Interviews with entrepreneurs are only the beginning with this website. Entrepreneur on Fire also provides resources, trainings and helps create a community for existing or want-to-be entrepreneurs. The podcasts themselves are engaging interviews based around key skills and behaviors of top performing entrepreneurs.
HBR Ideacast from Harvard Business Review
HBR provides important business learnings in interviews with experts in short, digestible podcasts. It airs weekly and doesn't require a subscription fee.