CSVC has Joined the Green Office Program
The Center for Social Value Creation joined the Office of Sustainability's Green Office Program to showcase and share the environmental and financial benefits of acting sustainably and responsibly. We've reached our first milestone as a Bronze Certified Green Office, and are now working on our next goal - Silver Certifed Green Office! Look out for our progress on social media as we aim to be Silver certified by the end of the 2014-2015 academic year.
The Green Office Program supports and promotes offices/units that are taking steps toward reducing their environmental footprint. It seeks to motivate environmentally friendly behaviors by providing definitive guidelines and reducing confusion about best practices. The program operates through a network of representatives (GO Reps) in UMD schools, centers, and administrative units.
The goals of the program are to:
- Engage the campus community in activities that will strengthen the University of Maryland’s position as a national leader in sustainability
- Recognize and reward leadership in sustainability
- Educate participants about how and why to take action
- Support the University’s Climate Action Plan and Strategic Plan
- Further integrate sustainability into campus culture
- Conserve water, save energy, minimize waste and save money
- Promote campus policies that support sustainability
CSVC's Green Office Representative: Ryan Steinbach, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Green Office Program, www.greenoffice.umd.edu
For more information about campus sustainability, www.sustainability.umd.edu