A PREMIER GLOBAL CENTER FOR FINANCIAL POLICY RESEARCH AND EDUCATION
Research: Leverage the Smith School’s world renowned faculty and leading research in a collaborative exchange of ideas and solutions to critical policy issues between business, government, and academia.
Education: Enhance and broaden the exposure of our next generation of business and government leaders to leading academics and practitioners in financial policy.
- U.S. & Non-U.S. Federal, State & Local Government Officials
- Financial Institutions
- Investment Companies
- Government-Sponsored Enterprises
- Hedge Funds & Private Equity Firms
- Insurance Companies
- Affiliated Trade Associations
- International Finance Organizations
- Governance Institutions
As a Leader in the Financial Arena, the Center:
- Serves as a forum for the exchange of views among research leaders in financial policy, policy makers and policy institutions, and to grapple with cutting-edge financial policy issues for both the private and public sectors (the highly successful Maryland Finance Symposium has been leveraged and integrated into the Center);
- Fosters entrepreneurial activities that promote cutting edge financial policy research and its interface with teaching and help the Smith School in building resources to support research;
- Mobilizes funding and research opportunities for doctoral students;
- Enhances the Smith School’s strategic alliance with industry and policy organizations, international and financial institutions;
- Attracts leading academics to our faculty who are interested in the Center’s activities (both in finance as well as other related areas in the Smith School);
- Enhances the visibility of the Smith School both in the academic and policy circles.