SMPS University: 2013 Leadership Advancement Program
The Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS) is partnering with the Center for Excellence in Service (CES) for the third consecutive year, to offer the 2013 leadership advancement program. The program, to be held on October 17-18, and November 14-15, is designed for A/E/C marketers and business developers to help them gain the business knowledge they need to advance their careers.
SMPS University is offered in two sessions, which are held on University of Maryland’s state of the art campuses in College Park and Washington, D.C. A panel of faculty from the CES teaches a variety of cross-functional topics that expose participants to critical business management concepts, including client research, client relationship management, client lifetime value, service process blueprinting, return on investment, employee management, and leadership. Participants develop a clear understanding of best practices in professional service marketing, as well as how marketing can affect firm performance and profitability.
The leadership advancement program offers a low student-to-faculty ratio that promotes interaction between students and instructors. Faculty members include Janet Wagner, Michael Faulkender, Yogesh Joshi, P.K. Kannan, Joydeep Srivastava, and Cynthia Stevens. Professor Mary Harms is also scheduled to give a presentation on the use of social media and professional services.
The SMPS University curriculum includes modules on service marketing strategy, financial management fundamentals, service innovation, customer-centric marketing, and how to lead with authority. Courses include discussions of case studies and best practices from inside and outside the industry as well as worksheets, tools, and supplemental readings to reinforce concepts. The SMPS curriculum also includes action learning projects, which encourages participants to apply concepts learned in class to address current problems they are facing at their firm. Participants receive a certificate from the Smith School upon completion of the program.
To find more information about the 2013 SMPS University’s Leadership Advancement Program, click here.
View testimonials from previous students!
CES AND CAME-PERU DELIVER GLOBAL PROFESSIONAL LEADERS PROGRAM
The Global Professional Leaders program is a five-day program designed to deliver world-class executive education to leaders of businesses from Central and South America. The program, offered on October 10-14, 2011, introduced the latest thought leadership to Central and South American executives focused on building new markets and stronger, more relevant companies. The program was led by CAME-Peru and is being developed in cooperation with Center for Excellence in Service Faculty Fellows and “International Network of Training Institutions Intermediate Directive”.
Areas of learning and solution approaches included:
- Global Strategy - what the macroeconomic environment means to companies that seek to grow domestically or internationally.
- Marketing Superiority - how can companies differentiate their business in an increasingly competitive world? What 'customer service excellence' means in today's global economy.
- Operational Excellence - Building project management professional skills is a must - how can your company make the next leap to 'operational excellence'? What differentiates the 'good' from the 'great' when it comes to operations?
- Transformational IT - Companies that succeed today define the curve in IT versus playing catch-up. Discover how their business models provide cultures of innovation and change the demand curve through IT disruption.
- Informative Site Visits – join us for visits to local multi-nationals and international organizations to learn current approaches and insights into the global economy.
- University Certificate from the University of Maryland's Robert H. Smith School of Business.
- Network of faculty and executives.
- Site visits and interaction with international companies and organizations.
- Classroom learning facilitated by academic and practitioner experts.