Global Initiatives is a member of UMD’s Green Office Program
The Office of Global Initiatives is committed to green principles and sustainability. We have joined the Office of Sustainability's Green Office Program in the hopes of showcasing and sharing the environmental and financial benefits of sustainable business practices with our peers at the Smith School and across the University of Maryland. We're well on our way to reaching our next milestone - Bronze Certified Green Office.
The Green Office Program engages staff, faculty and students in a dynamic initiative that promotes best environmental practices at the University of Maryland. The program supports and promotes offices/units that are taking steps toward reducing their environmental footprint. It seeks to motivate environmentally friendly behaviors by providing definitive guidelines and reducing confusion about best practices. The program operates through a network of representatives (GO Reps) in schools, centers and administrative units.
The goals of the program are to:
- Engage the campus community in activities that will strengthen the University of Maryland’s position as a national leader in sustainability
- Recognize and reward leadership in sustainability
- Educate participants about how and why to take action
- Support the University’s Climate Action Plan and Strategic Plan
- Further integrate sustainability into campus culture
- Conserve water, save energy, minimize waste and save money
- Promote campus policies that support sustainability
OGI's Green Office Representative: Ryan Steinbach, firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on the Green Office Program www.greenoffice.umd.edu
For more information about campus sustainability www.sustainability.umd.edu